Inflammation of the stomach lining is calledgastritis. He does not spare anyone: neither men, nor women, nor old people, nor children. In today's fast paced age with snacks on the run, stressful situations and an unstable environment, this disease is very common.
Whatever the type of the disease, thediet for gastritisplays a big role in recovery.
Gastritis and its types
There are two forms of gastritis:acuteandchronic, which, in turn, are divided into different types. Acute gastritis develops in a few days or even hours. In this case, the patient feels pain in the upper abdomen, heartburn, nausea, and vomiting.
Chronic gastritis develops over the years with occasional mild pain and abnormalities in the stomach. This gastritis is detected only by laboratory tests. There are also exacerbations of the chronic course of the disease.
Depending on the area of mucosal lesions, the following types are distinguished:
- catarrhal- inflammation of the mucosal surface;
- erosive- inflammation of all layers of the mucous membrane;
- phlegmonous- not only all layers of the mucous membrane are affected, but also stomach tissues.
Pathology is also subdivided according to the mechanism of development of the disease:
- atrophic- a consequence of sluggish chronic gastritis;
- autoimmune- occurs due to a mismatch of the immune system with the gastric mucosa;
- hypertrophic- the gastric mucosa grows, the risk of oncology increases;
- allergic- occurs in people with food allergies.
These are the most common types of gastritis, in reality there are many more.
Nutrition for gastritis of the stomach
Eating healthy gastritis helpsrecover quickly. By following the advice and recommendations on nutrition, you can avoid such unpleasant manifestations as heaviness in the stomach, heartburn, nausea, pain. Also, the diet will help prevent the transition of the acute form of the disease to the chronic one.
It's important to remember that good nutrition will stay with you for life. At first it is difficult to give up the usual, but harmful dishes, but then the person gets used to it.
As the disease progresses, it is important to know not only what to eat, but also how to do it. You must adhere to the following rules:
- Fractional food - eat a little 5-6 times a day. This will prevent overeating and the stomach will function normally.
- Take 3-4 hour breaks between meals.
- It is necessary to eat at the same time.
- Breakfast should be full, and not limited to a glass of juice or tea.
- You can last eat 3 hours before bedtime.
- Food should be chewed well, which can make it easier for the stomach.
- Have a warm soup for lunch or dinner.
- Stop eating on the go and dry.
- You should drink water half an hour after eating, so as not to dilute the gastric juice and thereby harm the normal process of digestion.
- Stop drinking or significantly limit yourself in the use of coffee, alcohol, carbonated drinks, as well as fatty and fried.
- It is recommended to quit smoking.
- It is important to eat only fresh products, store ready meals properly.
You should switch to the new diet gradually. Having become accustomed to such a diet over time, the craving for junk food will disappear, and the state of health will noticeably improve.
Diet for gastritis of the stomach, what can you eat?
The diet for any gastritis is usuallysparing. Individual nutrition is prescribed for each type of pathology. But with any of the gastritis, foods are released that are not only possible, but also necessary. The most useful dishes for gastritis are presented in the following list:
- Porridge. The healthiest dish for a problem stomach to eat for breakfast. Oatmeal and buckwheat porridge are considered the best - they need to be cooked for a long time using milk or a dairy product diluted with water.
- Bread and rusks. You cannot eat rye bread and freshly baked bread - they have a bad effect on the gastric mucosa. Better to use wheat rusks softened in tea with milk, or stale white bread, which can be consumed at lunch.
- Potatoes. It is most useful for gastritis in the form of mashed potatoes or in a simple boiled form. The puree coats the walls of the stomach and prevents gastric juice from eating them away. You cannot eat fried potatoes and fries - they negatively affect the mucous membrane.
- Soups. They cannot be cooked in rich meat broth. If there is no desire to eat vegetable soups, then take only chicken or beef broth, strongly diluted at the same time. Do not season them with seasonings with a flavor enhancer, use only warm soup, not hot.
- Meat. You can eat it, but choose only low-fat varieties: veal, chicken, rabbit, beef. It is best to cook steam cutlets from meat, because the meat is finely chopped as presented. Just boiled or steamed meat can also be eaten, only in small quantities and chewing well, because it increases the load on the stomach. Smoked meat, sausages and sausages should not be consumed categorically.
- Fish. Low-fat marine fish varieties are allowed: pollock, hake, cod, and river fish: pike perch and pike. Canned fish and fried fish cannot be eaten at all, there is no benefit in them, and carcinogens and harmful spices will only harm a sick stomach. It is better to steam or cook fish without overusing spices.
- Fruit. You can eat bananas and watermelon in small quantities. The rest of the types are best not eaten at all or consumed in small quantities.
- Vegetables. You can boiled carrots, cauliflower, beets. If gastritis is chronic and in remission, you can eat fresh cucumbers peeled and grated.
For different types of gastritis and its course, certain foods are allowed or prohibited. What you can eat and what to refrain from should be agreed with a specialist.
Diet for acute gastritis
Gastritis worsenssuddenly, caused by short-term pathogenic effects on the gastric mucosa. It can also be triggered by food poisoning, chemical intoxication or medication, and even overeating.
Diet for gastritis in the acute stagealso has a therapeutic function - it relieves the patient from symptoms such as pain, nausea and diarrhea. All patients should know what to eat with acute gastritis.
The following rules are followed here:
- On the first day, the patient should refuse food altogether.But you need to drink plenty of fluids, preferably warm. It can be sweet weak tea, still mineral water, rosehip decoction.
- The next day, you can eat thin, viscous soups made from rice or oatmeal with a small lump of butter.In case of stable normal condition, it is recommended to eat liquid porridge made from mashed buckwheat or barley.
Soups can be cooked in weak meat or fish broth. Jelly made from non-acidic berries or fruits is allowed.
- If appetite appears, then the aggravation of gastritis has passed, but the diet must be followed anyway.Further, products are used in cooking that do not irritate the walls of the stomach. It is recommended to boil or steam food.
From the third day of the diet, eggs and dairy products can be added to the diet. Boil eggs soft-boiled or in a bag.You can eat low-fat cottage cheese, but in a small amount. It is allowed to drink milk and add a little butter to the dishes.
- From the second day of the diet, it is allowed to eat one piece of dried non-rye bread per day.One more piece is allowed to be added by the fifth day. You can not use baked goods and fresh bread, and crackers are also prohibited, they irritate the mucous membrane.
- Protein food during an exacerbation is allowed if the intestines are working normally.In case of constipation, you should limit yourself to vegetables, preferably with a laxative effect. If digestion is not disturbed, you can include meatballs, meatballs and steamed cutlets in the diet.
Spices should be eliminated altogether and salt should be limited. From the fifth day of the disease, you can go to the usual table, but do not eat fried, spicy and fatty.
Diet with exacerbation of gastritis does not allow the use of any alcoholic beverages, strong tea and coffee, carbonated liquids, kvass and cocoa. You can drink compotes from non-acidic berries and dried fruits.
The diet is extended from day 5 if symptoms are normal, and on day 10 it is canceled altogether.
Diet for gastritis with high acidity
If gastritis proceeds against a background of increased acidity, then it is important to eat so that the acidity is normalized and excluded the possibility of its increase.
Foods that increase acidity should be excluded here: spicy, pickled, spices, chocolate, fatty broths, alcohol, fatty and fried foods, sour berries, fruits and herbs, legumes, dairy products and carbonated drinks.
You can eat the following foods that can normalize acidity:
- Lean meat: beef, rabbit, skinless chicken.
- Steamed or boiled fish and seafood: shrimps, crabs, crayfish.
- Cereals, vermicelli, from cereals you can use oatmeal, semolina, rice and buckwheat.
- Soft-boiled eggsor steamed omelette.
- From vegetables: carrots, potatoes, cauliflower, zucchini, peeled tomatoes, pumpkin, greens.
- From berries: raspberries, strawberries, strawberries. Baked fruits, jam.
It is recommended to steam or boil dishes, limit or completely exclude spices and seasonings that increase the acidity of the stomach: vinegar, soy sauce, mustard. You can prepare delicious and varied dishes from the offered list of products.
It is chronic gastritis that is considered the most common disease of the digestive system. All food should be such that it does not irritate the stomach lining.
At the time of exacerbation, the diet should bevery strict, and during remission, it is allowed to eat food that stimulates the secretion of gastric juice and hydrochloric acid: meat, fish broths and herring. Not only steaming or boiling is used, baking, frying is also allowed, but without breading. Many different foods are allowed.
In addition to those that can be used during an exacerbation, during a calm period, you can eat the following:
- Steam soufflés and cutlets, meatballs and meatballs from meat and fish.
- Vegetable stew and puree, fresh vegetables.
- Porridge and cereal soups.
- Steamed omelet and boiled eggs.
- Desserts, mousses, jelly and jelly from non-acidic berries and fruits.
- Milk and fermented milk products.
- Lightly dried white bread.
- Decoctions of herbs and rose hips, juices diluted with water, weak tea and a lot of plain pure water.
It must be remembered that the diet for chronic gastritis is not a temporary phenomenon, butproper nutritionthroughout life. Only then can you avoid moments of exacerbation of the disease and save yourself from negative consequences.
Nutrition for erosive gastritis
The diet for erosive gastritisis very strict. There are a lot of prohibited foods here - almost nothing is allowed, as with an exacerbation of gastritis. But there are dishes, the use of which has a beneficial effect on the gastric mucosa. In this regard, the following products are distinguished:
- Rusks and stale wheat bread.
- Milk soups made from mashed cereals: rice, buckwheat, semolina, oatmeal and pasta.
- An omelet made from egg whites and milk.
- Bananas, pulverized.
- Kissels from berries, fruits, oatmeal.
- Mashed vegetable soups with lean broth made from potatoes, cauliflower, carrots, beets.
- The tea is not strong, slightly sweetened.
It is useful to season food with butter or vegetable oil. Food should be pureed, tender and not hot.
Nutrition for atrophic gastritis
In this type of disease, the diet is prescribed strictly individually, depending on the degree of stomach damage. As with other types, everything that is spicy, pickled, and fatty is prohibited. If the disease has passed into a chronic stage, thendiet for atrophic gastritislooks like this:
- Allowed to include in the diet lean meat, fish without skin and tendons.
- Porridge made from rice, oatmeal and buckwheat, cooked in water or diluted milk.
- Stewed, boiled, baked cabbage, potatoes, zucchini, carrots.
- Low fat cheese, cottage cheese and milk.
- Herbal teas, jelly and compotes from sweet berries.
With this type of gastritis, you cannot drink a lot of liquid, taking into account soups and tea, no more than 1. 5 liters are allowed. A strict diet reduces the load on the gastrointestinal tract, which improves the patient's condition.
Diet for any type of gastritis is an important component in the treatment of the disease. Proper nutrition accelerates recovery, and disturbances in the diet provoke deterioration and exacerbation.