Nutrition for pancreatic disease in women and men requires selectivity and approach. Pathologies of the digestive system, namely diseases of the pancreas and liver, require a sparing diet. The fifth table is an ideal method of treatment and restoration of lost organ function. Modern medicine is represented by a complex of therapeutic, diagnostic, preventive and other areas, knowledge and theory, the main goal of which is not only therapy, but also the prevention of many diseases known to mankind.
Diet for the pancreas and stomach: features
People who have ever faced complex treatment of inflammation in the acute and / or chronic stages know that the doctor prescribes a particular diet. Particularly often used is the pancreas diet No. 5, which is the most gentle and acceptable for pathologies of the digestive tract. The main task of the diet is to spare the liver as much as possible, with a full healthy diet and the normalization of the system of bile outflow from the body. Medicine considers the fifth table as the most chemically loyal nutritious food.
The Fifth Pancreatic Diet is not only a specific set of acceptable foods to use, but also recommended cooking methods that are best for people with the following conditions:
- Inflammatory processes of the liver parenchyma and hepatic ducts.
- Developed liver cirrhosis in the absence of acute disturbance of physiological processes.
- Dysfunctions of the biliary tract and various pathologies of the gallbladder.
- Acute, chronic cholecystitis during therapy and rehabilitation.
- Obstruction of the intestines, which occurs against the background of the above pathologies.
It is very important to know what you can eat or not, how to cook, so that the dishes are not only healthy, but also tasty, aesthetically pleasing and appetizing.
Diet for the pancreas: what can you eat?
First of all, you need to clearly define the set of products that will fill the diet basket. It is important to carefully compose the menu for the week, taking into account all factors and observing variety.
The general characteristics of the diet are as follows:
- The level of protein and carbohydrate balance is within normal limits. Reducing the content of fat in the menu.
- Heat treatment involves boiling and baking, sometimes stewing is allowed. Vegetables are rubbed and meat is crushed.
- The fifth dietary table is characterized by temperature norms, hot and cold dishes are not recommended.
- Products containing purines and oxalic acid should be avoided.
The Diet Doctor is removing from the menu the category of bloating foods containing coarse fiber elements rich in extractives that stimulate secretory functions. Recipes allow you to diversify the table on one condition - it is imperative to reduce the salt content, and hot and spicy seasonings should not be used at all.
What you can eat for pancreatic disease: rules
All rules must be strictly followed, and your dishes will be healthy and tasty:
- Light vegetable soups, low-fat meats and poultry, slightly dried rye bread, dairy products and baked omelettes with vegetables, salad, cereals and fruit desserts prepared according to the technology provide a huge range of possibilities for creating a varied menu.
- It is especially important to follow the rules for patients diagnosed with pancreatitis and other comorbidities of the digestive system.
- In addition to the peculiarities of preparation and the necessary food set, it is very important to observe a loyal lifestyle.
- It is necessary to distribute meals up to six times during the day, to minimize physical activity for adults and children, they need to offer calmer games and activities.
- For adults and children, it is necessary to maintain rest after eating, an afternoon nap is recommended to improve digestion.
Diet for the pancreas: menu for the week
Despite the rather serious restrictions, the fifth type of diet food is healthy, effective and has a natural taste. For novice patients, several standard daily menus can be offered as a basis. A diet with a sick pancreas requires exceptional discipline and adherence to a temporary regimen of food intake, there is breakfast, lunch, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner.
Diet for pancreatic diseases:
- Steamed meatballs, semolina porridge and tea.
- One apple and a handful of dried fruit.
- Light vegetable soup, lean meat roll, drink or compote.
- Rosehip drink with homemade breadcrumbs.
- Beetroot cutlets and tea with cookies.
Second menu, fifth diet for pancreatic diseases:
- Low-fat cottage cheese, sour cream, a little honey, oatmeal cooked in water and tea.
- Baked apple with honey.
- Mixed vegetable soup with vegetable oil, boiled chicken with rice and milk sauce. Compote.
- A glass of rosehip decoction.
- A piece of boiled fish in a white sauce with vegetables. Garnish - mashed potatoes, herbal tea with cottage cheese baked goods.
- A glass of low-fat fermented milk product overnight.
The second option is especially acceptable when acute cholecystitis is diagnosed, the disease will require a principled attitude, discipline and responsible adherence to all recommendations. The dietary table is an integral part of therapy during the period of rehabilitation and recovery after removal of the gallbladder. If followed exactly, complete recovery will be quick, good general condition as a whole is ascertained by the attending physician and the patient himself.
Pancreas: diet, recipes
The dietary table is distinguished by a variety of techniques, and with a little imagination, the patient can quickly appreciate the delights of the menu. It is not just the list of foods, but the use and combination of processing techniques that make this diet widely popular for a wide variety of purposes. Initially, the complex developed by the doctor was viewed as an exclusively therapeutic diet. Today, it is a wonderful tool for those people who want to cope with excess pounds.
- Vegetable soup is prepared for 1 liter of vegetable broth, with the addition of cereals - rice, buckwheat or oatmeal. The dressing, which includes 1 onion, tomato, 2 carrots, flour, is dried in a dry frying pan.
- Vegetarian pickle, borscht or light cabbage soup, prepared on the basis of 1-1. 5 liters of potato broth, cabbage, dressing from baked in a pan, chopped small onion, 2-3 tomatoes, 1 carrot and flour, bring a significant variety to the approximatemenu.
- 0. 5 - 0. 8 kg of lean chicken or turkey, beef, young lean lamb, rabbit, chopped or whole piece, boiled in 1. 5 liters of water, slightly salted, then baked for 25 - 30 minutes.
- 0. 5 kg of pulp of low-fat varieties of sea fish, milled or processed to the stage of carcass, lightly salted and also boiled for 20 minutes. or bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
Patients who have been diagnosed with gastroduodenitis - inflammation of the mucous membranes of the pyloric stomach and duodenum should eat exclusively dried rye bread, biscuit biscuits and dry lean biscuit.
Non-acidic raw, boiled or baked berries and fruits are recommended. Shown are dried fruits, apples baked with honey, the use of compotes, jelly, jelly, mousses, where sugar is partially replaced. Used xylitol or its analogue sorbitol.
Diet of the pancreas: acute pancreatitis
Treatment of an acute attack of pancreatitis begins with a two-day lifesaving fast. During this period, it is allowed only to drink slightly concentrated decoctions, weakly brewed teas without sugar and water, including mineral water. Food is supplied primarily through droppers.
After three days from the moment of the attack, the gradual introduction of products begins. Foods enriched with carbohydrates are served in liquid form. It is forbidden to add salt and spices to it. Meals are mandatory fractional, that is, from 5 to 7 meals during the day.
The list of drinks expands to fruit drinks, cranberry and lingonberry, decoctions of rose hips and black currant berries, freshly squeezed fruit juices diluted with water are especially popular. Drink plenty of fluids, about three liters per day, excluding soups.
From the fifth day, nutrition for the pancreas is made more high-calorie, about 700 calories, of which 15 grams are proteins (vegetable and milk), and 180 grams are carbohydrates. Fats fall under the absolute taboo.
After a week after the attack, the diet for pancreatic disease rises to 1000 calories, with a mandatory norm of 50 grams of proteins, 250 grams of carbohydrates and 10 grams of fat.
Diet for the pancreas: menu for the day
An approximate menu for pancreatitis for the day looks like this:
- First breakfastcan be represented as porridge on water from rice or semolina. Fresh apple, pureed. Tea with a little sugar.
- For lunchit is recommended to serve mashed carrots or potatoes. You can add about 50 grams of meat or fish (low-fat varieties) to it. Then you can drink a sweetened rosehip decoction.
- Lunchmust necessarily include the so-called vegetarian broth, that is, made on vegetables without adding meat (125 ml). A little mashed potatoes with boiled beef or lean fish are served separately. It is also advised to eat a pureed apple in this meal.
- For an afternoon snacknutritionists recommend 55 grams of cottage cheese with a minimum percentage of fat and tea.
- For dinnerbuckwheat, boiled to a viscous consistency and tea, into which you can add up to 1 tbsp. l. natural honey.
- Before bedtimedrink 1 glass of 250 ml of yogurt.
After two weeks from the attack, increase the protein content to 60 grams, fat to 20 grams and carbohydrates to 300 grams. Salt also remains banned and undesirable. The preferred consistency of food is pureed. The portions are small and regular, at approximately equal intervals.
After twenty days, the rate of protein, fat and carbohydrates rises again, and is now 100, 40 and 450 grams, respectively. The food is sparing. Products that have the property of irritating the mucous membranes and stimulating the production of gastric juice are not allowed for consumption, as this may be the cause of the appearance of flatulence.
What you can eat when your pancreas hurts: recommended meals
For greater clarity, we list the dishes that make up the diet of patients with an inflamed pancreas. And although at first glance it seems that the food is strict, bland and modest, in reality it can be not only tasty, but also varied.
The first courses can be:
- Soup with rice and pureed vegetables;
- Slimy rice soup;
- Mashed potato soup;
- Pureed oat soup;
- Grated rice cereal soup cooked in milk;
- Hercules soup with milk;
- Pearl barley soup.
For the second, recipes such as:
- Boiled lean meat as beef stroganoff;
- Beef soufflé;
- Meat puree;
- Steamed meatloaf;
- Steamed meatballs from lean meats;
- Boiled beef with an exquisite white sauce;
- Steamed fish soufflé;
- Steamed fish cutlets or dumplings;
- Steamed cottage cheese soufflé;
- Fresh cottage cheese;
- Steamed protein omelet;
- Courgette or carrot soufflé;
- Buckwheat porridge with viscous consistency;
- Porridge made from mashed oatmeal in milk;
- Vermicelli boiled in milk;
- Oven casserole made from cottage cheese and noodles;
- Vermicelli pudding with meat.
Drinks are represented by decoctions of berries and especially rose hips, jelly, apple mousse, freshly made juices diluted with water, weakly brewed tea.
Gastroenterologists recommend drinking fermented milk products before bedtime, for example, yogurt or low-fat kefir, as well as products that have a laxative effect on the digestive system: juice from carrots or pumpkin, brewed or fresh prunes, etc.
Buns, fatty and fried foods, smoked meats, broths from meat or fish, marinated products remain prohibited. Those that have a high percentage of fat are excluded, these include cream and sour cream, in particular. Radishes, onions, radishes and garlic, which are famous for their pungent odor and bright taste, are undesirable. The main condition is the rejection of alcoholic beverages.
Adhering to this diet for six months after suffering acute inflammation of the pancreas, one can expect a significant restoration of organ function. Willpower and discipline directly affect the success of recovery. Any departure from the doctor's prescriptions can result in new attacks and a sharp deterioration in health. It is worth using a little of the forbidden and all the previous efforts will come to naught.
Pancreatic Diet 5: Chronic Pancreatitis
In older women, the question often arises whether hormonal drugs can be taken, and whether they are compatible with the pancreas. According to doctors, among the contraindications, violations of the digestive system do not appear, which means that the agent will not have an irritating effect on the gastrointestinal tract.
The general principles of a diet for chronic pancreatitis is an increase in the amount of protein consumed in food while reducing the amount of fats, sugars and carbohydrates. Fatty and fried foods, foods enriched with coarse fiber and essential oils remain banned. It is recommended to eat foods rich in vitamins.
The diet is still fractional, there are five to six meals a day, the portions are small.
Diet for pain in the pancreas: menu for the day
- For the first breakfast, they eat a little boiled low-fat meat, milk porridge and weakly brewed tea, preferably without sugar.
- Second breakfast can be steamed egg whites omelet and rosehip decoction. It is permissible to sweeten it a little with honey or sugar, but do not get carried away with it.
- For lunch, it is advisable to eat soup cooked in vegetable broth with the addition of chopped vegetables (carrots, potatoes, zucchini, etc. ). Boiled meat can be used to make, for example, beef stroganoff, which is served with a little mashed potatoes. Homemade compote made from chopped dried fruits to complete the meal.
- Milk tea and calcium-fortified cottage cheese are an excellent snack for those with chronic inflammation of the pancreas.
- For dinner, nutritionists recommend carrot puree with boiled low-fat fish and milk tea.
- Before going to bed, a glass of fermented milk products, for example, kefir, is a must.
Diet for pancreatic disease: recommendations and products
Among the soups allowed for chronic pancreatitis are the so-called vegetarian, that is, cooked without the participation of meat or fish, exclusively on vegetables such as pumpkin, zucchini, potatoes, carrots. It is permissible to add cereals (oatmeal, buckwheat or semolina) and noodles.
Lean poultry and meats include rabbit, turkey, veal and beef. It is imperative to pre-peel the game from the skin, and the meat from fat and tendons, which will make the meat fat. It is allowed to boil meat or steam it. It is chopped into pieces and rubbed to make soufflé, mashed potatoes, cutlets or dumplings. Lean fish can be boiled in pieces.
Fermented milk products are selected according to the criterion of low fat content. Allowed non-acidic fresh cottage cheese, pudding baked in an oven or slow cooker, sour milk drink products, such as yogurt or yogurt. But cream and sour cream are quite fatty, so they can only be added to dishes, but not consumed ready-made. If your doctor approves of the presence of cheese in your diet, choose one with less fat and no spices.
When it comes to eggs, the yolks are still wary. Their daily norm does not exceed half a boiled yolk, and then only as a component of any dish. But the proteins of a couple of eggs will make an excellent omelet, which will be useful for an inflamed pancreas.
Among cereals, preference is given to chopped porridge of semi-viscous consistency: buckwheat, semolina, oatmeal and rice, which are poured with milk and water in a 1: 1 ratio during cooking. You can also make delicious puddings or casseroles from cereals. The addition of vermicelli and pasta is allowed.
Drinks for sustained remission include weakly brewed tea with a slice of lemon and a little sugar. A little milk can be added if desired. Juices are only permissible at home, as they will be free of the inherent preservatives, flavors and additives in store. Freshly squeezed juices are diluted with water to reduce the acidity concentration. It is not recommended to add sugar. When cooking compotes, berries, fruits and dried fruits are rubbed.
Baked apples are the healthiest fresh fruit. Fruits and berries must be ripe and soft to the touch, and taste not sour.
Despite the fact that in comparison with the diet for acute pancreatitis, chronic inflammation is famous for a wide range of acceptable foods, rich meat and fish broths remain banned. Mushrooms, spicy and smoked foods, pickles, pickles, fatty and fried snacks are not allowed to be included in the diet. Sausages, sausages, legumes, canned food - all this is also taboo. Vegetables such as garlic, cabbage, radishes, turnips, cucumbers and rutabagas remain on the sidelines, despite the established remission. Soda, buns, hard cheeses, unmilled fruits and vegetables, chocolate, alcohol, coffee, ice cream, cocoa, peppers and mustard add to the prohibited list.
In general, the fifth dietary table is considered the most gentle for patients with pathologies of the digestive system. The ease of cooking and the range of permitted products make the diet extremely popular not only for gastroenterologist patients, but also for everyone who wants to lose weight.