Selection of aerobic of weight loss programs today is so great that it's possible to get lost — what to choose, what to guide the choice of what to pay attention during class, what should be the duration of training for best results? These and many other questions will be discussed next.
What is aerobics?
All processes in the human body can be divided into aerobic, occurring with the participation of oxygen, and anaerobic, which do not need oxygen. Weight training activate the processes of anaerobic — damage to muscle tissue during exercise, further repair and strengthen in response to training stress. Aerobic the load does not impact so harshly on muscle fibers — it activates the oxidation process, which directly consumes energy.
It is known that aerobic exercise is spent much more energy than on force. Apparently, this is the reason for the popularity of aerobics the fair sex. The more that aerobics and looks much more feminine than pulling barbells and dumbbells. In fairness it should be noted that for the purposes of weight loss, strength training with weights is also needed — in combination with aerobic.
In General, this form of exercise like aerobics, has the following advantages:
- high energy consumption;
- effective training of the cardiovascular system;
- development of coordination of movements, plastics, grace;
- the lack of necessary fixtures or special conditions;
- the opportunity to go home independently and within a group to boost motivation;
- a large variety of training programs.
Aerobics is not suitable in case of large excess weight, like putting a strain on joints that fat people are so overloaded. For this reason, with caution aerobically should be treated, and people with diseased joints. In any case, before the training it is highly advisable to consult a doctor.
How to do aerobics?
Getting started with aerobic exercise, it is important to pay attention to the following aspects:
- Before exercise you need to warm up joints: RUB heat creams, insulate and stabilize with the help of knee pads, elbow pads, elastic bandages.
- During training it is important to monitor heart rate: if heart rate is not high enough, the training is not effective, and excessive heart rate the heart load is too large. To calculate your personal corridor, within which should be the heart rate during exercise, subtract 220 from your age, calculate 0.6 and 0.8 of the figures, respectively, the minimum and maximum heart rate. Example calculation for a 40 years old: 220 – 40=180, 180 x 0.6=108, 180 x 0.8=144. Thus, for forty years a person's heart rate during aerobic exercise should be between 108 to 144 beats per minute.
- The duration of training is chosen individually taking into account age, fitness, state of health. Aerobic exercise to lose weight should be long. At the same time from 20 to 40 minutes (depending on traffic), the body will spend the reserves of glycogen in muscle and liver, and only then begin to use the deposited fat. Exception – short high-intensity interval training, but they are only available to trained people.
Aerobic dance for weight loss
Of all types the most popular is, perhaps, aerobic dance. And no wonder — the training was not only consumed 500 Calories, but also significantly improves mood. Of the benefits well as improving the plasticity and coordination of movements.
Aerobic dance, in turn, is divided into many areas:
- Belly dance. Belly dance, on the one hand, the well-known styles of dance art and popular type of women's group exercise for weight loss and improvement body. In all respects a magnificent view activity: improves posture, flexibility, grace, uses all muscle groups, even deep ones that are hard to load. Allows you to adjust the load, increases sexuality and even promotes female health.
- Strip dance. Strip-dance — seduction in a modern way. Sensual movement not only improve the female figure, but also increase libido as well as visual appeal of girls. The training complex includes generally a power unit, in fact, dance and stretching.
- Jazz aerobics. Significantly improves posture, running at a moderate pace, smoothly and continuously. There are a lot of wavy movements with a loose plastic arms that give a heavy load on the spine. This kind of aerobics is well suited to girls with choreographic preparation.
- Hip-hop aerobics. Considered the most energetically expensive form of aerobics. One lesson takes 450-500 Kcal. Almost as intense Rock-n-Roll aerobics — a lot of movement and jumping, high temp.
- Latina aerobics. Recently especially popular, for example, Zumba, which is in almost every fitness club. Fiery Latin rhythms, is not very difficult technically, but very sexy moves. Cadence, springy step, the intensive work of the hips. All this ensures good physical activity and high spirits, despite the fatigue.
Of course, dance aerobics can be practiced at home.
Step aerobics in the home and in the audience
Step aerobics has long been prescribed in almost all gyms — intense jump around the platform proved its effectiveness in building the perfect body. This kind of aerobics can even be called power, because the more advanced complexes include training with weights, and after hopping part is definitely the power unit and at the end of the stretch.
Classes in the hall preferred, first, because you'll need inventory platform, dumbbells or the weights, and secondly, the coaching and group classes to motivate you not to stop, and step a pretty heavy kind of aerobics, so the temptation to feel sorry for yourself occur more than once. However, at home it is possible to organize a full training process, especially if you have self-discipline. Inventory easy to buy in the sports store or even to replace with improvised means.
If you plan to do at home, choose a platform with a width of 40 cm and a length of about a meter — some exercises are uncomfortable to do near benches too long. The height should be chosen according to your physical condition, you should not start immediately with high. In sport shops you can buy a model with adjustable height is very convenient for a beginner.
With step aerobics it is necessary to observe a few simple rules:
- Half an hour before a workout, drink 250 ml of water, during training drink a little and in small portions.
- When lifting on the platform to move entirely through the leg, without involving the back (it should be straight).
- The movement should be smooth, without jerks.
- Foot on the platform completely to put a whole foot.
- The same movement can be done not more than one minute, and then switch to the other leg (arm) or following exercise.
All the exercises step aerobics performed by a person to the platform (although some authors programs, there are other options, but they are for "advanced users"). The knees of both legs slightly bent to avoid injury. The body must be kept straight, core muscles and the press is tense, the shoulders are lowered, chin raised.
All the complexes of step aerobics are based on a few basic steps: Top-up, Basic step, Step touch, V-Step, etc.
Water aerobics for weight loss
Perhaps the only disadvantage of Aqua aerobics is that it cannot do at home (well, except that you have a personal pool). In all other respects is a perfect option for everyone, regardless of weight and age. Due to the fact that classes are held in water, not overloaded joints (especially the knees), which is very important for people with a large overweight.
The load in this case is very good — at the expense of water resistance to make exercises harder than on land. It is also nice that you don't sweat, you can safely swim to warm up and after your workout. Water helps to evenly distribute the load, to simulate beautiful figure. Actually, for a very fat lady — Aqua aerobics only option intense aerobic activity.
If you wish to get rid of excess weight need to buy an expensive gym membership — the Internet provides an excellent opportunity to do at home aerobics programme, developed by the famous coaches and fans. You can easily find the lessons of Oriental dance or Zumba, complexes of step aerobics or rhythmic gymnastics. Choose what you like more and start classes.